Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ups and Downs

I expect with training for a Iron distance endurance event there would be some ups and downs. Actually a lot. But never did I expect so many downs before I ever get to some ups. I completely frustrated and sad, but working on being positive. Back in November, I hurt my achilles spent 4 weeks taking it easy and holding back. Finally it healed and what happens I go to pick up a laundry basket and throw out the ole' back. Ya so moral of the story no house work for me... hahahaha.

So with the back getting better i noticed a hip pain. It didn't hurt to bike or run just from seated to standing position. Well now it is at the point where it hurts to put pressure on it in the a.m. I am so depressed. It has been a roller coster 8-10 weeks and does not look good for the near future.

Am I worried my goal of Iron Distance race may not happen yet. I am really nervous. Just trying to be positive and get fixed. The good news it Thursday I have not 1 but 2 of the best physical therapists in Western Mass working on me. Yes it takes a village.

No comments:

Post a Comment