Monday, January 20, 2014

Up at 4:30 a.m. to go swim class..







The alarm went off at 4:10 this morning. And I thought of the video above and laughed. Ugh!! Believe me I wanted to hit alarm off and go back to bed. Especially with it being a Holiday. But I did the opposite. I popped out of bed after a crappy night sleep. My son was up at 2:00 a.m. and 2:45 for what I don't know. He claims daddy was sleep  walking which could be entirely possible.



I get up do 20 minutes of my physical therapy exercises which I am realizing are key to being injury free. You need to warm up those muscles before putting them through intense work outs. I was half asleep. Done with PT got ready and out the door I go. I was the first one to get to the place. I was the only car there. So I am thinking to myself, is class canceled because it is a holiday. I would cry if that was the case.



After a few minutes other cars drove in and off to the pool we go. The workout focused on swimming form which was tough since it is not something you really think about when you are trying to get a workout in. So it was hard to think of what you are doing and do it while swimming and trying to breath. It gave the legs a workout because we had to wear flippers. The water and pool area were extremely warm, which also made it hard. We did drills for most of the class on swim form and then we went into speed work. Oy! I worked hard.



The speed swim consisted of 1x300 yards first 100 was easy the second 100 was a build up each 25 you got faster and the last 100 was an all out swim. Mind you we did this with a swim bouy between the legs so you couldn't really kick. We ended with all out hard swim. 75 yards with a 35 second rest and right into 100 yards with a 15 second rest. We did this 4x.



My body was spent. But I am so happy I got up at 4:10 in the morning to get it done. I know there are going to be a lot more early mornings like this through training so may as well get used to the early mornings now.

No comments:

Post a Comment