Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Reality

Well it has started... training. I think reality is starting to set in. It has gone from a race I signed up for to OH SHIT I have to do what. Good news is I have a great support team which I call the "village." People who have been here, done it or just want to support me by going out for a run or a bike. Shit or even change my tire since I don't know how to yet. I probably should get on that. haha!

It's really week one of workouts and today's packed a punch. I had a bike ride it was only 45 minutes and I bet your saying 45 minutes of biking that is nothing. Well it was something. I had a 10 minute warm-up with 3 30 second high cadence (or leg spin) intervals, 20 minutes of hard gear riding steady which I call sweat like a piggy 20 minute ride, then a 15 minute cool down with 5 1 minute high cadence or 110 rotations a minute. It was hard and I was spent. Heart rate was high which was good. It means I was working hard.

I figured out how to upload the data by myself. Yay me!! Shared it with my coach. She said "you owned it." Thank god because I felt like death. That moment if you push harder your going to puke. Yup that was me.

Now I am icing and heating my hip while on the couch. Yes bad hip I will tell all about that in another post later. FRUSTRATING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment