Wednesday, January 22, 2014

So I am technilogically challenged. So What!!

Got this great new online program for my boring trainer rides. It is called Trainer Road. So I had figured it all out on Monday and synced my heart rate monitor, my cadence sensor and speed sensor to the program. I was so proud of myself. Well I should of known I would screw it up.

So last night I did a work out on the program. It wasn't registering my cadence and speed so I thought huh.. maybe it will display at the end. I wasn't understanding what was going on but figured I will just look at the data after the hour ride.

I was sweating so bad. I guess that happens when your trainer is set up right next to your furnace. Yup! First mistake but I am keeping it there. So I finish the work out and let my coach know I had completed the workout so she could log in and see how hard I worked. No cheating on this program..which stinks hahaha!  I go into the program and look at the data too, which is totally blank. What the hell!!! I thought I was so savvy with this and apparently I am an idiot.

There is a drive (ant stick) you have to put in the computer that talks with my garmin device and the trainer toad program to get my cadence and speed as well as heart rate. Well I put the device in the wrong spot on the computer. Instead of putting it in a USB port I put it in the place where you charge the damn computer. hahahaha!!! I was laughing and thinking to myself... It does take a village.

Oh well, repeat ride tonight. Hopefully I put the ant stick in the right location tonight.

But it was a good hard ride in the end. So I am happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment