Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Just when you get tired you need to push harder

It has been a tough few days. First the weather is not helping training. Sunday I headed out for a 3:15 minute bike ride and it never made it out of the 40's. Thank god for a few good friends who ventured out with me to get the ride in. We just missed the rain. If it had rained while riding that would of been miserable. So I guess it could of been worse. haha! It was a nice hilly ride through some towns. Yes it was hilly. I felt like every mile we hit another hill. We rode about 43 miles that day. So Sunday I put the bike away. 

Wake up call... 4:15 a.m. Monday morning. I could hardly believe it when my alarm went off. It felt like I was asleep for 10 minutes not 7 hours. UGH!! I got up did my physical therapy and off to swim class I went. Brutal class. We had to do lots of kicking.. So it fatigued my legs. Great because I had a 10 mile run to do later that morning. Yay!!! So got home about 6:30 got my son ready for school and out the door for 9 and met up with my brother in -law at 9:30.

We did some hills on the run and lets say it wasn't my best run. Unhappy tummy made things miserable. But I pushed through and put 10.5 miles on the legs that morning. I was so over dressed to. Well I had shorts on but I had a fleece type shirt on. ugh! I was dying. My heart rate was kinda high to. I couldn't get it to come down. But despite all the issues I got it done. 

It is going to be a tough training week. But one workout at a time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment