Saturday, April 26, 2014

Disasters happen! haha!

This morning I get up. Day got off to a bad start, why do some people feel they have the right to treat people like shit, especially giving, caring, nice people. So I was already aggravated!

So I get up with 1.5 hours before a 5k coach wants me to do so she can get my HR zones. I get some water, something to eat. Next I go to find my running gear. Of course I can't find any of the things I had planned on wearing and do you think I was smart enough to get them ready the night before. Noooo.. that would be to smart. So I am running around find the pants they are not clean so I have to wear a different pair. Not happy. So now I have 45 minutes to get to the race and I have to do a mile warm up.
So I find my HR monitor strap it on. Then I go to grab my watch only to find out.... guess what.... battery is almost dead because I forgot to shut it off. So I plug it in to charge for a little bit.

In the mean time, my son is yelling at me to get him breakfast. Ugh! So I get him breakfast since my watch has to charge. Why do kids have to eat anyway. So I get some dry clothes together for after the run because you guessed it 40 friggin degrees and raining cats and dog. Pouring!!! So I quickly feed my kid, grab my watch which now has 42% battery life and head out the door.

I get to the race which is a local 5k they run every week out of the local college. I register and I have 10 minutes until race time. I quickly head out the door to do my warm up mile. I see one of my triathlon friends here too. He is also coached by the same coach I am. So he was there to run a fast 5k as well. It was nice to see him there and know we would both be in misery running in the cold rain. Hell it's only the end of April. Ugh!!1

So I finish my warm up and the race starts. I start my watch and I am off. My hands are freezing, no gloves. So I pull down my jacket to keep my hands warm. I feel like I am running through mud. OMG.. My legs are killing me. Dying. hahaha! But I run... I get to what I know is the two mile mark and I am wondering why my watch is not vibrating at the mile marks. So I look at my watch. What the HELL.. it stopped at 42 seconds. I must of hit the stop button when I freaking put my jacket over my hands. I am sooooo pissed. But I keep going and start the watch. Two minutes later my sneaker comes untied. FUCK!!! Now I am really mad and there is a hill up ahead. I keep pushing and hope that coach and still get my data and use it because I don't want to do this again next week. I am in the final stretch and guess what happens... my sneaker comes untied again.. are you SERIOUS! Double FUCK.. what ever I keep running with my shoe untied hoping I don't face plant. I don't and cross the finish line in 24:57. I was so happy! I wanted to break 26 so that made up for all the crappy morning stuff. My feet were soaked and I could not stop smiling. Yay me! Oh and to boot since only two women were brave enough to show up in these conditions I was the first woman. Wahoo!! First time ever!! hahaha! I will take it.

So the moral of this story is WINNERS never QUIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment