Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rut, Rain and wind but I win!



I know I have been bad at writing. I am so tired lately. Jeez I wonder why. Hahaha!
Last week was tough. On Monday I started off the week with a great swim and then I had to run. Oh it was not good. My poor brother in-law ran with me and it was not pretty. Stomach issues! Nuff Said! Hahaha! Tuesday I got a cold and that just ruined my momentum. I was sick Tuesday and Wednesday. It was so hard to get  back in the grove. It really throws you for a loop when you get knocked out of such a rigorous routine.

So Thursday I had enough. I still felt like shit but I was getting back on the horse even if I soooo didn’t want to and I felt the rut getting bigger and bigger. But I did it and it felt okay. Friday up and at them at 5 a.m. for swim. Felt decent and had a good swim.

Now for some fun! The wind this weekend was unbelievable. I rode Saturday a.m. for a short ride because I had a wedding to go to so I could not squeeze in the long ride. So Sunday would have to be long ride and the weather was looking pretty good. Ahhhhh… so frigging wrong! Sunday I get up and take my time since the temps were still in the 40’s and that is cold. So I leave my house at about 11 and have on tri shorts, a short sleeve shirt and my jacket. It was so sunny but god damn the wind was a force to be reckoned with. Of course, I had to pick a super hilly route for this ride too. What the hell was I thinking? Anyway, I ride feeling like I am going to die with the wind gusts and I finally make it to the turn-around in Hardwick center after climbing and wind. So I am thinking sweet tail wind on the way home. NOT! Why is it that no matter what direction you go you have a fucking head wind! I was so pissed, I was literally swearing fuck out loud as I rode. I guess Mother Nature had her panties in a bunch from me swearing, so she decided to make it rain. That bitch!!! So now it is windy and rainy and I still have about 15-20 miles to go. Whatever Mother Nature be a bitch I didn’t stop or quit. I may have cried but you got nothing on me. 46 mile ride in 3:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment