Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Interesting 13 mile run...



So yesterday I set out for my long run, 13 miles to be exact. I went to a local rail trail since it is nice and cushy under the feet and not pounding on pavement. I get there and it is mosquito heaven. Ick! I had my car open trying to get my fuel all ready and they were swarming. I thought oh this is going to be good. I was already tired from my morning swim and was mustering up the energy to swat them away. No bug spray but I was there and I wasn’t going home.

Once I got running the bugs weren’t bad. It was nice until I took a breath and swallowed a mosquito. I could feel the frigging thing flying around by through so I was hacking heaving to dislodge it. Got it out and kept running. About 3 miles later the same thing happened this time I really vomited. What the fuck! Gross! I was so aggravated. That sucker I must of swallowed. So ran some more and I am running along, NO I didn’t swallow a mosquito I stepped on a snake… OMG!! I screamed. A yellow and black one and it rolled up over my sneaker. Ahhhhhh!!! I had a heart attack and the guys on mountain bikes came to a stop. You think I was getting stabbed. Haha!! All good got the snake off my foot stopped freaking out and on my way I go, only to swallow another mosquito a few miles later.

This was an interesting run. Moral of the story, Keep your mouth shut Wamback and watch where you are running!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cannot tell you how many bugs I have eaten biking this spring - only they go in so fast its impossible to spit them out - yuck! No need for GU just run mouth open - plenty of protein snacks :)

    ReplyDelete