Thursday, May 15, 2014

Update.. things are going well.



I have been a bad girl at updating this blog. I was thinking maybe at the beginning of the week I will give you a little taste of my workouts for the week and then write about them after I complete them. There has to be a few funny things that happen to me right! Haha! Not that anyone reads this damn thing. So I am talking to myself. Which is not uncommon I often talk to myself.:)

This week is a recovery week. I had no idea! What an awesome way to start the week. I wake up Monday morning and just assume a swim is on my plan since it has been for months now. So I get up at 4:30 a.m. and get my ass to swim at 5 a.m. As I get to the pool I decided to check my plan. So yes I had a swim thank god! Because if I got up at 5 a.m. for nothing I would have been pissed… You don’t want to see a pissed red head. So I had been preparing all weekend to do a long run on Monday after swim. I thought I had to run 13 miles but when I check my plan it was an hour run. OMG!! I don’t think I have ever been so excited in my life. I was ecstatic! A short run for me. Wahooo!!! Made my day! Sometimes it is the little things! :)

As for the rest of the week, things are going well. I put a good 50 minutes on my time trial bike this am. No pain in the hip, but the tri bike is so different than the road bike. It is a lot to get used to. I think I am going to use my road bike for the big event. I just feel more comfortable. I am not feeling very confident about the tri bike. But it is okay. I tried it. So if it doesn’t work out I am good with it. Just buy a nice road bike for my 40th and a jeep wrangler to go with it. Haha!!!
Swim has been good and runs are good. Things seem to be falling right into place. Feeling confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment