Thursday, May 8, 2014

Tired Legs and a Tour Bus Peep Show!



This week has been another tough week. My legs are completely fried. They ache but a good ache, getting stronger being able to do the volume that I need to get through this race. When I think about how tired and how much pain I am in I really think about those who would love to be doing what I am doing but because of a disability or illness this may be far out of their reach. I also think of my nephew who is in my thoughts while I fund raise for his cause Wolfram Syndrome. If you would like to learn more and donate see an earlier post.

The legs are tired. Yesterday during my run I felt like I was going nowhere and my legs were bricks. Not to mention the damn head wind on the Canal. It was brutal. I can’t even escape the damn headwind this week. Enough already! I still have a lot left to the week too. I have to swim tomorrow in the early a.m. which always helps flush the legs so I am looking forward to that and run 7.5 miles. I am sure I will be toast after that. I am looking forward to my rest day Saturday.

I have to share this story that happened to me yesterday because it is such a Kim story. I was at the Cape Cod Canal getting ready to run. I had to change in the car due to restrooms being closed, and quite frankly I did not want to walk the mile to get there since I parked so far away. So I am parked in an area where there are no cars around me, planned it that way. I start to change and just as I am exposed on the top a tour bus lets out behind my car. Hahaha!! Free peep show for the tour bus! OMG I was laughing so hard. I could not even believe that had happened. I was horrified. Why do these things happen to me! Well it was funny and made me laugh. Onto the next workout! Thanks for reading J

No comments:

Post a Comment