Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mental Game

Wow! what a week. So it was a recovery week for me this week. My volume of workouts was way down. Funny... volume is way down but how hard it was to get motivated. Good lord! It was so hard. This is where friends come into play. I had to text a few of them this week and say "Can you give me a push I have this workout I need to get done and I am not feeling it." Thanks to those people who gave me the push I needed.

It is hard. Many of my workouts I do solo. And for me that is seriously a hard thing to do. Riding of course will be solo most of the time during the winter with trainer rides but running is killer. Running alone has been so hard to wrap your head around it mentally. When it should be the easiest thing for me to do since it is the discipline I have done the longest. But it is the hardest to do alone.

This week proved to be mentally challenging. I have been preparing to co-race direct a big race my running club is involved in so I had to allocate a lot of time to that. Also, work has ramped up and has been so busy since my boss has left. Plus, I had a sick kid. Which made things even harder. But I hit every workout. You know why, because people ask me how training is going an people are interested in my training and I don't want to disappoint myself or others. So thanks to those who have cared enough to ask and made me a really own my training. Also, my eye is so on the prize. I have never been so motivated for something. It is almost like if I miss a workout I am disappointed in myself. It is scary. So many people have contributed to my success thus far and not all of them are triathletes or even athletes. They just care and are interested in my goal and that means a lot! You know who you all are and thank you. Every day you keep my eye on the prize. :)

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment