Sunday, March 30, 2014

Back from Vacation

Had a great time on vacation and now it is back to reality. UGH!!! I did workout 6 out of the seven days while away. Made my way to the YMCA two of the days to do a long swim. It felt good. The pool was outdoors which was a tad bit weird but I had two good workouts and I am glad I did it.

The other 4 days I ran between 4-6 miles. I guess you can say I am dedicated. Even when on vacation I am stressing about work outs. hahaha!!!

So we got back friday night and I was stressed since I had not been on the bike in a week. I knew the first workout would be tough and I was hoping coach would be easy on me. No such luck which is fine my legs needed it. I had a crazy ride today. Legs were jello after. It was a 2 hour workout with 3 30 minute constant rides in a medium to high gear at about 85-90 rotations per minute with the pedals. Ya by the third 30 minutes I was ready to throw in the towel. But I was texting during the 5 minute breaks with a friend of mine who is doing an ironman in August for moral support. She got me through it.

I am really lucky. I have a great support system for encouragement. I know a lot of people have no clue why I do this or what is the point or just have no interest in knowing about it because its not their thing. Its okay! I get that and I don't expect people to want to know about my training. It is quiet boring if you're not into it.

I have surrounded myself with people who are also doing ironman distance this summer or who have done it in the past for support and it is pretty cool because we feed off one another. It is a good motivator. Especially one of my friends. We go back and forth daily and hopefully we will support each other on longer rides and runs this spring/summer. It is very helpful to have these people around. It makes it that much more manageable knowing that there are others close by going through the same grueling training. :)

I have something in the works. Something that I am very excited about. Not only will I do this race for myself but I will also be helping out a family member. More to come on how you can support this cause in the next week or so. Looking forward to sharing the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment