Thursday, March 6, 2014

I still have six months to go!



I am sitting here at work exhausted thinking I have 6 more months of training and I am so tired. This is one of the most exhausting thing I have ever taken on. Really it is right up there with sleepless children. Hahaha!

The good news is, I am completely committed and want this. I can overcome tired for the end result. This week I have moved over a lane in master swim class, at the crack of dawn Monday mornings. I have become faster since I started so I guess you call it graduating. I now swim with two guys who are absolutely killing me. The two guys are a bit faster than me in the water, so they push me to exhaustion. We circle swim one behind another so you can feel someone right on your toes, which means…you need to move faster through the water! It is such a great workout. I really enjoy my new swim buddies but miss my girls in the other lane. They were fun and encouraging.

Double work out days have been the toughest. Yesterday I swam for about an hour (1.5 miles) and ran 41 minutes at a pretty good pace. I had a friend who is much faster than me pushing me. Boy did she! It felt good but exhausting. I have to get used to being tired and how to function especially with my child who needs my attention in the evening for school work and other things. But I signed up for it and I am so committed it is ridiculous. So I have to look at the bright side of things, in 6 months I could have an iron distance under my belt. Then what? hahaha

My friend Cheryl has been a huge help. Motivational and helping me work through the head things. She is great and looking forward to training with her this summer, if it ever gets here. I have a lot of people who have been so great. My massage therapist has been there with his frequent check ins, telling me to get my ass moving when I’ve needed it and helping me out with my sore limbs. He really is the best. So many great people in my life that want me to succeed. I will succeed! The tired sleepy eyes will not get the best of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment