Sunday, June 8, 2014

Great Training Weekend

This was such a great weekend. The sun was shining and finally it warmed up. Yesterday I joined some friends for a nice run at the West Boylston Rail trail. Ran 11 miles at a nice steady pace. Nailing my running training by heart rate. It is hard but I am trusting the process.

Today I did the Kinds of Quabbin metric century. Let's call it 62 miles of hell! There was no god damn flat road anywhere on this ride. And I am so not kidding Up, down, up up, down, up up up. It was crazy. So we get to the first rest stop at mile 22 and we get food and fill up our bottles. Great people at this rest stop. They were very fun and nice. So I ride down to the porta potty and come back. I am with my friend K.G. She asks me where is our other friend S.H. For some reason I go to tell her an I realize my bike has stopped moving and OMG.. I need to clip out. Well guess what I go down like a ton of bricks. Right on my right ass cheek. I was horrified. But got up and laughed it off. The water stop staff came over to see if I was alright. I guess it was a good try to get out of riding the 62 miles of hell. hahaha! All and all it was a great day. I had a lot of fun. Got some good sun too!

This week is a recovery week.
Mon- 50 min open water
Tuesday- 6 miles
Wed- endurance swim 1.5 miles inside trainer ride
Thurs rest
Friday 50 min swim and hilly 1.00 ride.
Saturday 2:45 in the saddle.
Sunday 9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment