Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Am I in an Episode of True Blood?



Well yesterday’s swim was interesting. I had about an hour to swim since I had to get my son from his after school program. I met one of my tri friends at the Greendale YMCA for an open water swim in Indian Lake. Now if you’re from Worcester you know the lake. I know a lot of people swim in it but man it is kinda creepy. But I did not have another option due to time, so what are you going to do.
First I pull in the parking lot. Getting out of my car I forgot to put it in park. Yup… almost rolled away! I swear this Ironman is going to kill me somehow. So I get ready to swim, wetsuit, goggles, bathing suit, and swim cap all accounted for. I make my way to the lake and as I get to the edge I wasn’t sure I could do it. It was green and murky. A layer of pollen covered the surface. OMG!! It was scary. What came to mind was the opening to True Blood, that murky water with the fish with the horns. EEK!!!
Anyway, I suck it up and get in the damn water. I was afraid to put my face in, but I did. I had a few panic stokes. Okay, a lot of panic strokes. Seriously, you could not see your hand inches below you. I always get freaked out like I am going to see eyes staring up at me. Like I am going to bump a body! I have mistaken my swim bouy for a body once and started flipping out in the water. It was really funny but not at the time.
So I finally settled into a nice swim. We managed to swim about 1.4 miles or so in 43 minutes. So overall that was good. I finally got that opening from True Blood out of my head and relaxed. But seriously it was creepy. But I guess it is a body of water, right. I need them. And to boot I don’t have a third eye or nipple today. Success!!

1 comment:

  1. For me its zombies - I just know they're down there somewhere. Great job, Kim!

    ReplyDelete