Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Definitely not what I expected

Good Morning,
So training has not been what I expected. I am glad I decided to do this race for a cause. It makes it all that more special and when I feel like quitting a work out I know I can't because I am doing it for my nephew and many others who I keep near to my heart who suffer from disabilities. In addition to my nephew I have another special person in my life that I often think of when I don't want to do that 4 hour bike ride or that 13 mile run. Both my nephew and my friend inspire me to keep going and reach my goals.

So getting back to training. So about 6 months ago people were telling me how hard training is and fitting it in. They were not kidding. I am not so sure it is the workouts that are hard I think it is doing the workouts when your body does not want to move and you are so tired you may die. That's what is challenging about this. The fatigue your body goes through but you just have to keep pushing. For example, yesterday I had to run a six mile run picking up the pace each mile and keeping my heart rate in certain zones. My body was completely spent from the weekend 11 mile run on Saturday and 62 miles of constant hills on Sunday with a decent swim on Monday. I think I need new hips and back. Drop dead tired I lace up and go out the door yesterday and nailed the run even though I was exhausted. It really is amazing what the human body can put up with and I am putting it to the test.

I have a long three months ahead of me. I just have to realize this is my journey and I am doing it for me and my nephew. I have a handful of people who follow me and are interested in my journey and that is fine. I know it is not peoples thing. Some think I am crazy and don't get it and some probably think I am ridiculous and how can I take away time from my family to do something like this. Actually, I spend time with the family and make that a priority. I also know I am doing it for the right reason when my son comes out of the house on a Saturday morning as I am getting my bike ready for a ride, gives me a hug and says, "good luck mom. I love you." And he is also interested in racing triathlons now. If only I can get him to ride the damn bike. haha! So I personally feel good about this.

If you would like to learn more about the organization I am fundraising for and or donate please go to http://www.thesnowfoundation.org/rev3-triathlon-team-ian-2/
Make sure you put Team Ian in the notes section of the donation page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment