Monday, February 3, 2014

Ouch!

Up at 4:15 today. Did 20 minutes of PT then out the door for swim class. I get in the pool, by the way the pool is warm a nice 82 degrees which makes it tough to swim hard. I die!! I started my 500 yard warm up and right out of the gate in the first length I whack my right hand on the side of the pool. How I did it I have no idea, I guess I like swimming into concrete walls. haha! Big cut and that puppy is going to bruise no doubt. I hit it hard. ugh!

I had to circle swim today. This was something I had never done before. It is quite interesting you swim up one side of the lane and come back on the other side with people in front of you. I found it challenging because I felt I could of pushed harder but I was on the toes of the person in front of me. After a while they let me lead and that is even harder because you set the pace and there is no slowing down. Since you were swimming on someones toes you seriously can't back off and start swimming slow so they are on your toes. Nope can't do it. So I really pushed myself which is good. It felt good to swim hard. And to boot I didn't get in another fight with the side of the pool. YAY!!!! I swam about 2600 meters which is close to 1.5 miles in an hour. Pretty good I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment