Monday, February 17, 2014

Breathing Who Knew

Well sorry it has been a long time since my last post. I will try and be better about posting. It is crazy, I am only in my first real month of training and it is tiring. I am trying so hard, hitting all the workouts I possibly can. Which, I have hit them all with the exception of one. Double workout days, early mornings, it is hard but I feel great and committed.

I am finally 99% percent over my hip injury, which is amazing since about 4-5 weeks ago I walked into my physical therapy office hardly able to walk. I worked with two amazing physical therapists who told me I needed to learn to breath using my stomach and core. I thought ya! Okay!! Really breathing is going to fix this pain. But I thought I will give anything a try at this point to get myself on track with training. One step closer to that starting line. I was sent home with a list of breathing exercises that I did every day and continue to do every day. Well, do I feel stupid! It worked. My core is stronger my hip feels so much better and I am making so much progress. Everything feels tighter and things are easier to do because of my core. Running, bike and swimming are becoming more efficient. I am using more of my core than other large muscle in my body. It truly is amazing. I can't believe it.

So onward with training and I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment