Friday, August 15, 2014

First time getting in a wet suit.. really?

Got up this morning and met my friend at the boat ramp at Comet pond for a nice swim. Little chilly but what a beautiful morning. The pond was like glass and it was just so beautiful. While we were swimming the sun was coming up and it was just perfect.

So I get to the parking lot. Start to put my wetsuit on and get my foot caught. Good lord I almost took a digger while putting on my wet suit. I totally tripped and got my foot caught while putting it in the leg hole. OMG!!! My friend almost had to catch me. hahaha!Can you say tired?

I don't ever think I have experienced this type of exhaustion. Yes I had a baby and you were exhausted lack of sleep wanted to cry but this is different. Muscle fatigue, mental fatigue its just wearing me down. You know it is the end I guess when you are this tired.

I swam 2.4 miles in about 1:25. I am so thrilled with that. That is being totally exhausted and running on fumes. I have to believe I can do this. I do. After tomorrows ride it will be all down hill.

Here is to a 17 hour training week. Yipee!!! Few hard days to go.. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment