Thursday, August 7, 2014

Felt like Death

So I wake up yesterday morning yep it was Wednesday and I kept thinking it was Thursday. I wake up my body feels like someone beat me in my sleep and my legs hurt, my feet hurt and I have a long swim and a 7 mile run with pick ups to get through. I start to talk to myself. How the hell am I going to do this? The exhaustion alone is killing me never mind trying to put one foot in front of the other to walk or run.

Well I go down stairs get Sean off to day camp. The day goes by and I still can't get out of my own way. I dumped a whole thing of fruit salad on the floor and spilt a half gallon of milk all in one day. Just to give you a mental picture, I was the walking dead. Anyway the workouts are on my plan so I must get them done. I needed to focus one workout at a time. I kept telling myself "Kim are you going to be an ironman! Then suck it up." I emailed a few friends for motivational ass kicking and it worked.

Later that day I lace up the sneakers, put on a cute Lulu running skirt (ya because that is going to make me faster and feel better but damn I will look good! hahaha!) and a tank. I head out the door.

I checked my dam plan three times before leaving and I still couldn't remember how the work out went but I had an idea. It was something like this:
Mile 1 and 2 zone II Heart Rate - which is about a 10:20-10:25 mile
Mile 3 and 4 zone III Heart Rate- which is about a 9:25-9:40 mile
Mile 5 zone IV Heart Rate- which is a 8:15-8:40 mile

The first mile from my house is all down hill. I was like wahoo this feels fantastic. No problem. Well then I hit the flats and slight up hills. I kept thinking in that first two miles how am I ever going to be able to pick up the pace. I would have to dig deep. Well my first two miles were 10:20-10:30 as expected, 3rd and 4th miles were in the 9:30's wahoo and my 5th mile was a 8:33, at which point I stopped put my hand over my head and yelled "fuck yeah." I couldn't believe I just nailed that workout completely exhausted and depleted. I was so happy. The last two miles well were cool down but one was in high 9's and last one was in the 10's.

Later that evening the swim went well too. I had to cut it short since I only had my sitter for a certain amount of time but almost got 2 miles in.

This training is really making me realize how freaking amazing our bodies are. The really are an amazing organ.

No comments:

Post a Comment