Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Vacation is over! what a week



Back to Reality

Had an amazing vacation week last week and let me tell you training was great to. It makes such a difference when you do not have to squeeze in workouts where your schedule allows. Vacation allowed me to not stress and get my workouts in when I felt like it. I love that feeling, and allowed for plenty of family time. My son even learned how to ride a bike. Of course now he wants to be a BMX rider like his cousins, who were there when he learned.
Last week my swims were amazing. I swam on a crystal clear lake just gorgeous. I guess it does have its advantages and down falls. It was amazing being 10-20 feet deep and still being able to see the bottom but then again sometimes it is nice not to see the bottom. Oh and I have a fear of the front of boats when swimming. It is such a weird phobia but when I swim around moored boats I freak out. It is like the bow of the boat is going to eat me. I get a little panic attack, so weird. But what the hell I am weird.
 
My parents and cousins parents came up early in the week. Well guess what, my dad freaked me out of coarse so this is where not being able to see the bottom of the lake would come into play. So I get back from swimming and my dad starts talking about a drowning across from the cottage we were staying at near the island a few years ago. Then he said “they never found the bodies.” Ahhhhhh What!!!! Well that was it freaked out the rest of the week doing my long swims. Every log or rock I saw on the bottom I swore it was a leg or head. Hahaha! Thanks Dad!! Love ya;)
Had two great bike rides too. Hilly! My long ride was supposed to be 3 hours well it turned into a 4.5 hour ride with my cousin’s husband. Holy crap! We climbed and climbed and climbed. Some steep stuff too. We also had to take this road that was packed down dirt and rock. That made for some fun with climbs as your back tire is slipping out from under you. Oh yes! Good times! But we had a good time and I was glad I was able to get that ride in.

The rest of the week lots of relaxing and reading. I read the book Fault in our Stars. Not the book you want to read on a happy vacation. Holy crap! I am sitting on the dock in the sun sobbing. I couldn’t stop sobbing. Thank god no one was around. I couldn’t breathe at one point I was crying so hard. Ha!
Well back to reality. There are 8 weeks until race day, 5 weeks until taper. I am looking forward to conquering some big key workouts ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment