Thursday, July 24, 2014

These Shoes were made for Walking!




So the other day I was at White City Plaza in Shrewsbury and decided I was going to go check out the new Marathon Sports. Well that thought was definitely a mistake. I walk in the door and I am looking around. I move over to the wall of colorful sneakers. So purty! As I am standing there gawking at the colors and styles a young man comes over. He couldn’t be more than 25. We start to make small talk about the store and how they are doing. Then he looks at me and says it. Yup it comes right out and I could not even make this up. He says, “so are you looking for a good pair of walking shoes, I have a few good styles I would recommend.” Mind you I have no issue with people who walk. They may enjoy walking and that is their preferred method of activity and I think it is great. I looked at him and I couldn’t help but laugh. I could not even keep a straight face. I told him the store looked great but I had to run! Hahaha!

So now I don’t even run 5k’s I am a walker. It’s really funny how someone can look at you and make an assumption about your activity level. The proper thing to say would have been, can I help you find a shoe?, what kind of activity do you do? That would have been appropriate. But I have to laugh at it. It happens to me so often, hence the name of the blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment