Thursday, November 21, 2013

A chance to discover just who I am

People don't understand the madness behind doing long distance events. They often say "your crazy" and "why would you ever want to do that?" I have many reasons why I take on these events. It keeps me healthy and well I don't look fit but I like to think I am from time to time. I do it for my son to show him you can accomplish any challenge you put your mind to and to inspire him to be active. I do it for me. You can't even imagine the good friends I have made along the way. Some I can't live without. I am truly a lucky girl. But oftentimes I wonder who this girl is that I live with. So part of my reason for doing this iron distance race is to seek who I am as a person.

I will call the 2014 Iron Distance training season a time for self discovery. To really figure out "who is Kim Wamback." Have you ever asked yourself who you are? We are so busy with life and living trying to stay afloat that I think many times we lose ourselves. I know I have. I mean I am a mom, a wife, a daughter, a good friend, a listener, understander, fixer, etc. I don't really take the time to think about me. I am so busy worried about and helping others, which don't get me wrong I love to do, but I lose myself. If you know me then you know I worry a lot too much. It breaks you down. So this iron distance race will test all my abilities and really show me who I am as a person. So here's to self discovery and soul searching. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment